Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Successful Entrepreneur - Can You Become One Too

Many people aim to be a successful entrepreneur. There is a lot of debate about whether the skills can be learned or whether you need to be born with them. I am still trying to figure this out for myself but having studied many successful entrepreneurs I think that I know some of the skills required.

The first thing that strikes me is a successful entrepreneur is they tends to be a person of action. They get things done and are willing to take risks. What is better... having the best idea in the world and not taking action or having an average idea and taking action with it? I think the better outcome would be achieved by taking the second route.

Passion is also a big thing. To be a successful you need to work hard. Unless you find a winning lottery ticket you need to work hard to be successful. If you have a passion for something then this hard work can seem effortless. Many entrepreneurs would do the same thing even if the financial rewards weren't there.

They often take risks but where a lot of people go wrong is they think that an entrepreneur will try anything. That is wrong. Yes they are risk takers, you have to be, but they take calculated risks. You won't get anywhere without taking risks but if you blindly take risks then your luck will soon run out.

One thing that I have noticed a successful entrepreneur is that they are usually a great communicator. I think that is why a lot of them do well. They can't do all the work on their own so they require a team to help them.

Can you learn these skills to be a successful entrepreneur?

I don't know the answer but I hope it is yes as I am trying my hardest. Either way I am bound to learn something along the way.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More